How To Create Your Ideal Morning Routine
In association with our theme in the practice this month of “preparation” I wanted to give you my best recommendations on how to create the ideal morning routine. I am an enormous believer that each day you must have time to reflect inward, get quiet and be extremely productive. This one action will radically change your state, your internal story and the strategies you create to solve the problems in your day.
At Aligned Life Chiropractic and Wellness we have 5 Core Values that we live by. The 5 are; 1) Know Yourself 2) Take Responsibility 3) Listen To Your Body 4) Have A Long Term Focus and 5) Prioritize Self Care. When looking at setting up your morning routine through the lens of these ideas, this is what you will find.
1) When you know yourself it will be easy to do the following:
- Determine what time of day to do your routine
- If you have identified you are a procrastinator you will want to put your hardest item first
- If you wake up feeling depleted then start by fueling your body with healthy food and water
- If you wake up feeling tired you will want to exercise
- If your first thought are fear based you will want to meditate to clear the anxiety of starting a new day.
2.) When you are taking responsibility for your health it will be smoother to do the following:
- Own your feelings
- Recognize you have the ability to change your perception of your reality
- Give yourself time and be patient with yourself
- Get into a positive mindset
- Take the necessary actions towards your desired outcome
3.) When you listen to your body it will be clear to do the following:
- Act on what it is telling you
- If you are stiff then stretch out
- If you are tired then sleep in or take a nap later in the day
- If you are in pain review the previous day for injury causing body positions
- If you have range of motion loss, schedule an adjustment
- If you feel weak then get some strength training in
4.) When you have a long term focus it will become obvious to do the following:
- Review your goals daily
- Set your intention for the day (make a plan)
- Execute by anticipating challenges and create work arounds
5.) When you prioritize self-care it will become important for you to do the following:
- Schedule health care provider appointments
- Review deep life questions
- Take your supplements
- Eat a healthy meal
By incorporating these action steps into your daily life you will be shocked at the physical, mental and emotional impact they will have. They will also allow you a feeling of confidence, knowing that you have fully prepared you to win the day. Let a staff member know if you are having trouble with any of these concepts as we would love to partner with you along your health journey. Good Luck!