Gift I am enjoying: Literati
This Christmas, my team from Aligned Life, blessed me with a very unique gift. A subscription to an online book club called Literati. This subscription includes fantastic titles as well as access to an online community of people, including celebrities, visionaries and authors to discuss the content in detail. The way it works goes like this; select a book of your choice, go onto their app and join the appropriate book club and then attend virtual conversations led by key influencers in the space most represented by the book. The objective is to gain a deep understanding of the core messages and to create interesting conversations about topics that are most important to you. If this sounds like something you or a loved one would enjoy, click on the link above to check it out for yourself!
List I am making: My 2021 Reading List
Here is a list of the books I read this year. The ones that have been starred I would recommend checking out!
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle *
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker
- The Common Path to Uncommon Success by John Lee Dumas
- How To Consciously Design Your Ideal Future by Benjamin Hardy
- You Are An Ironman by Jacques Steinberg
- Think Again by Adam Grant
- Iron Cowboy – Redefine Impossible by James Lawrence
- 12 Rules For Life by Jordan Peterson *
- Confessions of The Pricing Man by Hermann Simon
- The Comfort Crisis by Michael Easter *
- Never Split The Difference by Chris Voss
- Sapians by Yuval Noah Harari
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill *
- Breath by James Nestor *
- Great By Choice by Jim Collins and Morten T. Hansen *
- Be Here Now by Ram Dass *
- Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- Scaling Up by Verne Harnish *
My favorite book this year, the one that made the biggest impact on the way I make decisions, was The Comfort Crisis by Michael Easter. I believe that anyone can benefit from reading this title and taking to heart the key message. If you have any questions about the other books or would like a personal book recommendation I would be happy to help you!
Quote I am loving: “It is better to know one book intimately than a hundred superficially.” ~ Donna Tartt
One of my goals for 2022 is to NOT purchase any new books! I know…this goes completely against the previous two decades of attempting to read as many new titles as possible. However, with the aforementioned quote in mind, I have decided to reread the best books in my library as well as a few that I had previously purchased but have not yet had the chance to pick up. My hope is to deepen my understanding of the content that lends itself most important to my life and to put their teachings to practice as much as possible. To be honest, I am actually really excited to go back through and remind myself of some of the key lessons that have shaped the lens I use to make decisions. This coming year, if you are looking to grow, sometimes it comes down to relearning a few fundamental practices rather than trying to find new information. Enjoy!
Have a kick ass week everyone!
Dr. Devin Shea, DC